Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thing 18 -Thoughts on Technorati

I was blown away by all the features displayed on the Technorati homepage. I viewed a YouTube on Technorati. There were two versions of the the homepage a signed in version and a signed out version. I particularly liked the Discover Section which broke down the blogs into topic sections similar to what you would find in a newspaper.The topics included: news, enetertainment, life sports, business, tech, and most popular. It sort of reminded me of what USA Today did with the layout of their newspaper. I explored TechCrunch on Technorati.Next to the blog entry was an authority icon, favorite it icon and rank icon. the authority feature allows you to view blog reactions and the favorite it (heart icon) allows you to add it to your favorites. The related tags feature offered me another way to search. It is good to have a tool to track blogs and tags.

No comments: